Inquire to Apply
Ready to Apply to Adelson?
The Adelson School is an independent, college prep community Jewish school serving children from preschool (starting at 18 months) through the 12th grade. We encourage you to spend some time on this site learning about the Adelson community and what it has to offer your child and your family.
Our Application Process
STEP 1: TOUR: Schedule a tour of the school.
STEP 2: APPLICATION: Complete the online admission application/checklist items and pay the $75 application fee, if applying to the following grades: K-2 and 9-12. Preschool and Grades 3-8 applicants do not pay an application fee.
STEP 3: RECOMMENDATIONS AND DOCUMENTS:
- FOR ALL CANDIDATES, we require teacher recommendations:
- PRESCHOOL: Classroom teacher recommendation (if applicable)
- GRADES K-5: Classroom teacher recommendation
- GRADES 6-12: English and math teacher recommendations
- GRADES K-12: Administrator recommendation (upon request)
- FOR K-12, we require:
- The last two years of academic transcripts/progress reports from your child’s current school
- Standardized test results (if applicable)
- Individualized Education Plans (if applicable)
STEP 4: ASSESSMENTS AND VISITS:
- FOR K-2 and 9-12:
- Schedule an academic entrance assessment.
- Schedule a shadow day (including interview for grades 6-12 candidates).
- FOR Grades 3-8:
- Students are required to register and take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) At-Home Test. Select The Adelson School as a score recipient or enter our school code: 290505. The test fee for Grades 3-4 is $155; the test fee for Grades 5-8 is $205.
- FOR PRESCHOOL:
- Candidates applying mid-year, schedule a play visit.
- Candidates applying before the beginning of the school year will be invited to an assigned play visit date.